[Vol-dev] Supported Windows?

AAron Walters awalters at 4tphi.net
Wed Jan 14 09:37:18 CST 2009

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the email. We are always excited to help people get involved.
If you are an IRC user, the easiest way to start getting involved is to
join the #volatility channel on freenode.  On the channel, you will be
able to learn about a number of interesting projects that people are
working on.  You will also find a lot of people who dev the code base so
they will be able to answer your questions.

We have found the easiest way for people to start contributing is through
plugins. The advantage with plugins is that you will get introduced to the
code base and they can be a reasonable size project. For example, a plugin
moyix recently mentioned is the ability to extract a specified dll from
memory.

With regard to version and bug tracking, please stay tuned.  There are
some upcoming changes.

As for Vista support, I'm waiting to here back to see where things stand.

Hmmm... A developer orientation document..sounds like an interesting idea.

Thanks,

AW