[Vol-dev] Question about FileAddressSpace

AAron Walters awalters at 4tphi.net
Fri Jan 16 06:22:34 CST 2009

Hi Kevin,

People pop in and out of the channel. Not everybody is in the same time
zone ;)

> I'm not sure what I'm missing here, but something doesn't seem right to me.
> When I look at the __init__ function, it seems like the whitespace is all
> messed up.  For example, lines 37 and 40 are indented with 8 spaces, but
> lines 38 and 39 are indented with tabs.  Line 42 doesn't even appear to be
> part of the __init__ function.  I would think that python would throw an
> error about this, but it doesn't seem to mind.  What am I missing?

You are correct that there are a couple of tab/space issues which have
snuck in over time.  We spent some quality time with tabnanny in the
preparation for the next release and they have all been accounted for. I
believe we now have a process in place that will catch those. These are
generally related to the fact that people are using different editors.

Thanks,

AW