[Vol-users] Volatility as an executable program

Hermann Lizelfelner Hermann.Lizel at gmx.net
Mon Mar 16 10:05:41 CDT 2009

Hallo!

I'm currently working on a forensic aquisition tool to get live data from a running system. I want to extend the tool with volatility and therefore make the tool independent from an installed python on the system volatility is executed. What's the best possibility to have a "mobile" volatility? I tried py2exe but it is not trivial to include all the needed modules and dlls needed to run volitility correct. Currently the volatility-exe created with py2exe is only running when python is installed on the system. Has somebody a better idea to create a mobile volatility or a setup.py for py2exe that works?

best regards
hermann
--
Neu: GMX FreeDSL Komplettanschluss mit DSL 6.000 Flatrate + Telefonanschluss für nur 17,95 Euro/mtl.!* http://dsl.gmx.de/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K11308T4569a