[Vol-users] A Volatile Challenge: The Honeynet Project has Banking Troubles

AAron Walters awalters at 4tphi.net
Fri Apr 2 08:12:34 CDT 2010

The latest forensics challenge for The Honeynet Project involves
investigating a memory sample of an infected virtual machine.  In order to
encourage research and development in the area of memory forensics, The
Order of Volatility plans to augment the prizes awarded to those
submissions in the top three which leverage The Volatility Framework. Even
if you are a Volatility power-user who doesn't find the questions
particularly interesting, we still encourage you to participate. To that
end, we are also planning to recognize the submission that extends the
Volatility Framework in the most unique or creative way (i.e., plugins,
visualizations, etc).  Submissions are due by 17:00 EST, Sunday, April
18th 2010.

Shoutz to Josh Smith, a Volatility supporter, for helping to encourage
research in the area of memory forensics!

http://www.honeynet.org/challenges/2010_3_banking_troubles