[Vol-users] Third Party plugins

Jamie Levy jamie.levy at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 16:17:09 CDT 2010

Hi Mark,

Did you install the registry plugins (that contain hivescan)?  Make
sure you get all supporting libraries installed.  You can check
Moyix's blogpost
(http://moyix.blogspot.com/2009/01/memory-registry-tools.html) on how
to install/use it and there are also installation manuals on the
Documentation wiki that cover it as well
(http://code.google.com/p/volatility/wiki/DocFiles).  Also, you may
want to use the framework from the SVN
(http://code.google.com/p/volatility/source/checkout) if you haven't
already (there's also documentation on how to use SVN on the
documenation wiki)...

As Darren also said, the forensics wiki
(http://www.forensicswiki.org/wiki/List_of_Volatility_Plugins) has a
pretty good list of current Volatility plugins.

All the best,

-gleeda