[Vol-users] Open Memory Forensics Workshop (OMFW) 2011

AAron Walters awalters at 4tphi.net
Tue Apr 12 22:21:30 CDT 2011

After the amazing success of OMFW 2008 and a <cough>little</cough> hiatus,
we are currently in the process of planning OMFW 2011. OMFW is the single
most important event for those who are interested in the deep technical
aspects of digital investigations and forensics. It is intended for those
people who realize the only real defense against a creative technical
human adversary is creative technical human analyst. No shady vendors
trying to describe how they re-implemented open source tools or boisterous
trainers attempting to discuss topics they only superficially understand.
This is your opportunity to learn directly from an international cadre of
pioneering researchers and practitioners who have been shaping the field
of memory analysis since its inception.

If you are interested in getting involved or have an exciting topic you
would like to present, please let the team know.  For those who want to
attend, please be sure to check back frequently for registration details.
Due to the overwhelming response in 2008, we were not able to fulfill all
the registration requests, so please be sure to register early! There will
be a number of surprises and I guarantee it will be an event you won't
want to miss! Check out what previous attendees of OMFW have said:

"AAron was able to bring together an outstanding group of folks interested
in "memory forensics" and there was some spirited discussion among the
participants along with some really outstanding talks/demos. It was also
great to be able to put faces to folks who until then had only been
handles in IRC or names on e-mail/blog posts in the past."
-Jim Clausing: SANS Internet Storm Center Handler

"My first impression of the event was that the underground could have set
digital forensics back 3-5 years if they had attacked our small conference
room. Where else do you have Eoghan Casey, Brian Carrier, Harlan Carvey,
Michael Cohen, Brendan Dolan-Gavitt, George Garner Jr., Jesse Kornblum,
Andreas Schuster, Aaron Walters, et al, in the same room? I thought Brian
Dykstra framed the situation properly when asking the following: "I know
this is an easy question for all you 'beautiful minds,' but...""
-Richard Bejtlich: TaoSecurity

Current invited speakers include:

Andrew Case (attc)
Michael Cohen (scudette)