[Vol-users] Android memory image

Andrew Case atcuno at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 20:13:13 CST 2013

Replying to the list in case others have the same question...

As far as I know, there are not any published Android memory images.
For our own testing, we generally use our own phones, which we won't
be sharing the samples of obviously, or we pull mem dumps from the
emulator..

If you want to just test and use Volatility, then I can send you a
link to an emulator memory capture, but if you want more control
and/or are building your own plugins then I would suggest setting up
the emulator yourself or rooting a real physical device and building a
profile. The only downside to real devices is that you need to be able
to build a profile, and sometimes vendors are slow to release the
source code & config for a particular version...