[Vol-users] OT: Using netsh to set ip address of an interface on winfe/winpe 4.0.

George M. Garner Jr. ggarner_online at gmgsystemsinc.com
Mon Jun 3 11:46:59 CDT 2013

> Does WinPE/WinFE have WMI and/or PowerShell? If so, you could try one of
> those:
>
> http://blogs.technet.com/b/heyscriptingguy/archive/2012/02/28/use-powershell-to-configure-static-ip-and-dns-settings.aspx
> http://theinterw3bs.com/wiki/index.php?title=WMIC_Commands#Remotely_change_the_IP_to_a_static_IP_.28Index_is_Interface.23.29

WMI and powershell are optional components which may be added.  In this
particular case I do have both WMI and power shell available and already
tried the WMI commands which you suggest, with the same result.

This is my own box that I am testing on, btw. (not the client's system
:-) ) so no problem with malware interfering with the commands.

Thanks for responding.