[Vol-users] Incorrect addresses in linux_proc_maps

Edwin Smulders edwin.smulders at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 08:52:05 CST 2013

Hi all,

I've just created a profile for my Ubuntu 12.04 (3.5.0-25) and I've
dumped the memory using virtualbox guestcoredump.
Using the linux_proc_maps plugin I get the following output:

http://paste.ubuntu.com/5576450/

I was expecting similar output to "cat /proc/<pid>/maps". As you can
see, these "-0x4...000" addresses are obviously wrong. Is this I am
doing wrong myself, or is this a bug? It happens for other processes
as well.

If this is a bug I'll make a new issue in the tracker with the steps
I've followed to produce this.

Cheers,
Edwin