[Vol-users] Arch Linux (3.7.9-2) profile building error

Michael Cohen scudette at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 11:54:22 CST 2013

Hi Edwin,
   It seems that the mmap interface has changed in later versions (It still
works in 3.5 so it must be sometime after that):

https://www.virtualbox.org/pipermail/vbox-dev/2012-October/005395.html

Either way the mmap interface in pmem is currently disabled due to problems
in newer 3.x kernels. Feel free to remove the entire pmem_map function (its
not used). I dont think the performance gains that using mmap are really
that significant in practice (although there may be security implications).

Michael.