[Vol-users] moddump related

Corey Harrell corey_harrell at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 12 12:01:00 CDT 2013

I apologize in advanced if I'm overlooking something. I'm using the Windows binary of Volatility 2.2 on a Windows 7 platform. Could someone tell me how I can extract a certain driver using the offset?

I looked at the moddump help and the offset option is not listed. I tried to use -o anyway and got an error saying there is no such option (--offset=offset didn't work either). The Volatility command wiki doesn't show the moddump help but it does link to this post which shows the offset as an option:

http://moyix.blogspot.com/2008/10/plugin-post-moddump.html

I'm not that familiar with Python so looking at the plugin code wasn't that helpful for me. What I am trying to do is to extract a specific driver from a memory image. The moddump command works for extracting all drivers but it would be nice to extract only the one I need.

Thanks for any help

Corey Harrell
"Journey into Incident Response"
http://journeyintoir.blogspot.com