[Vol-users] custom Android profile: No suitable address space

Andrew Case atcuno at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 09:44:22 CDT 2013

1) There are missing symbols required for plugins to run that kallsyms does
not have. I suspect you can get a partial listing of these if you run
Volatility with -dd and look for errors about symbol resolution errors.

2) It seems you built a kernel using the sources of the phone, but that it
is not actually the kernel running on the phone? If you are going to use
the System.map from the kernel then the phone needs to actually run that
kernel. Otherwise, you need the System.map from when the vendor compiled
the kernel. Did the distributed sources you use have a System.map file with
them and/or a debug kernel (vmlinux)?