[Vol-users] stack & heap

Sebastian Biedermann biedermann at seceng.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Thu Sep 26 16:05:52 CDT 2013

Hi guys,

I'm trying to find out the addresses of the memory pages of a target
process that are used as stack and heap on Linux.
(Precisely, I would like to have the output which can be seen in
/proc/<pid>/maps for a target process)

Unfortunately, the command linux_proc_maps is not working, I always get
a segmentation fault,
although I tried different kernels as well as Linux setups (Ubuntu) -
it's just not working.

Can anyone tell me a setup (Linux & Kernel) in which the linux_proc_maps
command works?
Or give me a hint how I could figure out these addresses on another way?

Thank you!