[Vol-users] Insmod lime.lo on stock Samsung Galaxy S3 results in Exec format error

masdif masdif at posteo.net
Sun Dec 20 04:10:47 CST 2015

Hi Rob,

Just an approach:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s2/orig-development/howto-compile-modules-stock-kernels-t1123643

This XDA forum thread from June 2011 is about a Samsung Galaxy S2 and
differences between the device's kernel and the downloadable kernel in
terms of settings in defconfig. Don't know about similar information
about the S3 but maybe Samsung will provide this.

When I was involved in Android/LiME/Volatility a year ago I didn't
really succeed beyond AVD and Nexus.
(https://www1.cs.fau.de/filepool/gruhn/thesis_waechter.pdf)

Good luck,
Philipp