[Vol-users] testing requested on CentOS 2.6.18.x kernels

Andrew Case atcuno at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 00:49:48 CDT 2015

Hello All,

I was writing to request testing from anyone who may be running or have
access to a CentOS installation running a 2.6.18 series kernel.

Even though that series of kernels is ancient, CentOS/RH backports years
of patches into that series (for unknown reasons...), and then uses the
kernels in production systems.

I think we finally figured out the quirks related to this OS & kernel
version, so if you have a system please test it. If you find bugs please
either email them to me or file a bug on the Volatility tracker
(https://github.com/volatilityfoundation/volatility/issues).

Andrew (@attrc)