[Vol-users] Need a Redhat 7.1 profile

Torres, Geoff (Cyber Security) geoff.torres at hpe.com
Thu Apr 7 13:37:23 CDT 2016

Hi,

I usually roll my own profiles but I'm having a big problem getting one created for RedHat 7.1 (Linux version 3.10.0-229.el17.x86_64).

I checked the github repository already and did a google search to no avail.

Does anyone have one already created?

Or can anyone help me figure out how to get around these compilation errors?

include/linux/thread_info.h:24:4: error unknown type name 'u32'
                                u32 __user *uaddr;
                                ^

There are hundreds of them.  As near as I've been able to determine, all the flags that would set it are 64 bit-centric so it never gets set.

I have the full make output and the kernel RPMs if needed.  Oh, and this is the first time I'm creating a profile using Volatility 2.5, but I'm getting the same errors on 2.4 where I've been successful in the past.

Thanks,

Geoff

BTW - I'm a programmer by necessity, not profession.  Feel free to point out the obvious.