[Vol-users] Problems running standalone Windows version of Volatile

Marian Kechlibar marian.kechlibar at circletech.net
Fri Feb 19 03:38:06 CST 2016

Hello all,

I am researching the behavior of the Galileo RCS, whose source codes
leaked in July 2015. I am using volatility 2.5 on Windows 7 and the
instructions given in the blog of Joe Greenwood on 4armed.com.

I downloaded the standalone version for Windows and I run it from the
command line, but it dies immediately complaining about a missing source
file.

volatility-2.5.standalone.exe --profile=Win7SP1x64 -f test.raw -v psxview
Volatility Foundation Volatility Framework 2.5
ERROR   : volatility.debug    : The requested file doesn't exist

The system is Windows 7 x64 with SP1, so the profile should be correct.

Python 2.7 is installed in the system, but it should not be necessary
for a standalone version anyway.

Thank you in advance for help!

Best regards

Marian Kechlibar