[Vol-users] Problems running standalone Windows version of Volatile

Bridgey theGeek bridgeythegeek at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 07:13:04 CST 2016

Hi Marian,

That error message seems to relate only to the filename parameter, i.e. the
"-f" you've used.
Volatility seems to be telling you that it can't find "test.raw".

Is it definitely in the same folder you're running the command from?
You can specify the full path with the -f switch, for example:

volatility-2.5-standalone.exe --profile=Win7SP1x64 -f C:\path\to\test.raw
-v psxview

It's also possible you're using a config file which is over-writing the
'location' setting, but you'd probably know if you were doing that:
https://github.com/volatilityfoundation/volatility/wiki/Volatility-Usage#configuration-files

HTH,
Adam