[Vol-users] Linux profile

Carlos Angeles cangeles at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 17:00:04 CDT 2016

Hello,

I am working on a homework assignment that involves IR on a Linux system.
We were only given some of the log files and a memory dump.  None of the
profiles on Github work so I need to build a profile.  Unfortunately, the
memory dump comes from a very old version of RedHat.  It's RedHat 7.2
(Enigma) not RHEL7.

I found the Enigma ISOs, created a VM and downloaded the source, headers,
libdwarf, dwarfdump, etc, installed but when I run make from the
tools/linux folder, it doesn't create the module.ko file that dwarfdump
uses. I ran the make manually and it finishes without any errors but no
module.ko.

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks!
Carlos