[Vol-users] Mailing List Maintenance

AAron Walters awalters at 4tphi.net
Thu Mar 9 13:35:45 EST 2017

Hi vol-users,

After 10 years, it is finally time to move the Volatility mailing lists to
their new home at the Volatility Foundation,
lists.volatilityfoundation.org. The official cutover is currently
scheduled for Friday, 3/10/2017, at 1100 EST.  As a part of this process,
we’re also performing a number of infrastructure and security upgrades. We
anticipate this planned outage will take less than 12 hours.

With the dramatic increase in spam over the last 10 years, we have relied
heavily on automated classification and manual review to make sure none of
those messages burden your inbox. Unfortunately, there have been
circumstances where some users’ emails have been inadvertently filtered.
In order to reduce the likelihood of this happening in the future, the
list will now be configured to only accept messages from email addresses
that are registered as members of the list.

During the move, we will handle migrating existing users to the new
systems.  Once the move is complete, we will send an email notification
that will also serve as a test message on the new platform. If you do not
receive the notification email, please send me a note and we will work on
getting the issue resolved!  We appreciate your patience as we make this
transition.

The new email address for the list will be: vol-users [at] lists [dot]
volatilityfoundation [dot] org.

As a part of this transition, we have also decided to sunset the
Volatility Developers mailing list (Vol-dev).  Currently, almost all of
the development conversations and issues are handled within the Volatility
project page on Github:
https://github.com/volatilityfoundation/volatility. We will be maintaining
the Vol-dev mailing list archives for historical purposes.

A special thanks to the Volexity team and our official training partner,
memoryanalysis.net, for sponsoring the new infrastructure.

Thanks,

AAron Walters
The Volatility Foundation